Sunday, December 27, 2009

Wee Woodsy Creature for the Tree


Korknisse...what in the world?

I did a little research before this post and discovered that the Nisse are from Scandanavian lore and protected the farms. The tradition is to leave out little treats for them at holiday time so they will continue to bring you good luck and protect your land.

I plan to make these for next year to send as package and tree decorations. They are a fun way to use up yarn scraps from all the knitting I did this year. The one shown is made, at the last minute Christmas morning at my parent's dining room table with a cup of coffee while everyone slept, from the leftover Cascade 220 brown tweed I used to knit Dad a hat.

If you are not a bottle wine drinker or, like my folks, that save their corks to make cork trivets, you can buy corks from some sellers at Etsy. I checked at Michael's and they do not sell wine style corks. You could also try a shop dedicated to wine making and brewing.

I hope everyone is having a peaceful and bright weekend!






No comments: