Monday, December 7, 2009

A Sign of BRR


I have the smartest cat on the planet. He knows when cold weather has descended and makes every effort to have warm places to curl up in.

This is his favorite spot in the bedroom, atop my tallboy dresser. Currently his nest is made up of two pairs of sweatpants, a polar fleece blanket and a skirt that I wear over my pjs in the evening while I watch TV and a pair of polar fleece lounge pjs that need to go to the laundry but I cannot bring myself to disassemble the nest just yet.

Usually in the morning he joins me in the living room on his other fleece and wool nest but today he deemed it too cold to come out of his nest except to eat his breakfast and get a drink of water. He was all cozied down by the time I went to work. I expect he will be there all day. Who says animals are dumb?

I hope everyone is staying warm and happy!

1 comment:

Cathy R said...

Happy Pedro. Warm Pedro.

Smart Pedro.

It was five degrees above zero when I left my house this morning.

I had on so much wool that sheepdogs were following me down the street.