Monday, December 28, 2009

Magic Glove Cheater Method


The beauty of a multi-day, spread-out-over-a-week, Christmas celebration is....I had more time to finish knitted gifts and crafts for the family in the second wave.

Now, mind you, this year I am starting my Xmas knitting in February with Ravelympics. Of course, with that said, the pressure is on to pick out the gifts and recipients now so I can have everything staged and ready to go when the flame at the 2010 Winter Olymics in Vancouver is lit.

But, all that is for the future and, today I am working on the last pieces of the gifts for my nieces and their mom from Missouri (already have my brother's gift done and wrapped). For the nieces I knit visor beanies and their mom I did a cowl.

Now I am working on the gloves that go with those three gifts. I did not have time to knit them so I cheated. I bought the famous magic gloves and raided my button box. These are fun and easy to create, with the added benefit of being warm and easy to slide into your pocket on the go.

I hope everyone if finding ways to extend their holiday season!

No comments: