Tuesday, December 8, 2009

The Cold Weather Impetus

Cold weather brings out the serious knitter in me. When I start gathering up my woolen goods to put on myself you know it is cold outside. The interesting thing is I usually knit cold weather protection for other people as gifts. With that said, I own very little knitwear of my own that is for outdoor wear. So for now I rely on polar fleece items I have collected over the years.

This next year I will be working hard to correct that deficit. If you are a knitter or a friend of a knitter you need, at least, the following items for your own wear: soft, warm scarf; hat or wimple for head covering; fingerless handwarmers with mittens to cover; a cowl that can be worn indoors all day if you want to; felted slippers to wear when you come in out of the cold to relax; and a comfy, oversized sweater to lounge in.

Can anyone think of anything else? If you want a giggle, read the comment on A Sign of BRR where it mentions a sheepdog. I laughed heartily when I read it, I could just picture that scene in a movie. There is fodder for someone.

I hope everyone is staying warm and preparing for a wonderful holiday season!

1 comment:

Cathy R said...

You know, this may fall into the "cowl" category, but I absolutely can not live without one or the other of my sock yarn scarves wrapped cozily around my neck at all times. Not too bulky, very soft and just that perfect touch of warmness.

I am a wee bit obsessed with sock yarn scarves.