Saturday, December 5, 2009

Finished Object: Buttoned Shawl

I just put the finishing touches on the Buttoned Shawl that I knit for the shop sample for a class in January. It was inspired by one of the customers store bought wrap that she wants to learn how to knit. I knit it in stockinette with some garter edges and crocheted edging to try to control the roll that is common with stockinette.


It is knit with Red Heart Fleck in Claret (something carried in the shop) and the very fun buttons can be bought there as well. If I make another one I will doing it in a textured stitch and will be offering those options to my students in January. The pattern is like a blank canvas for using different stitch patterns. It will be fun to see the finished items that other create.

I hope everyone is finding fun ways to express their creative selves!

No comments: