Sunday, June 7, 2009

Thong Socks

I found the pattern "Flippant" on Ravelry one day and thought they were a darling idea. I wear thong flip flops as house shoes during the warmer weather and love them. So I decided to try a pair of these out of Cascade Fixation.

I cast them on today while I was waiting for my student at the shop today. I made really good progress on them, following the patterns version for size, as the picture shows and they are being guarded by my wee devil duck dpn holders.


The pattern got lots of giggles from the shop staff. And somehow a question came up about a "whole" sock to which I answered that I will be attending the Sock Summit which encouraged full out guffawing.

I did finish the first Flippant however it is too big for my foot and I found out they will not fit inside my thong because it will be too tight. So that project has gone by the wayside.

I hope everyone is finding fun projects to keep them busy!

Note: scenic shot is from the driveway of the shop in Woodland Park looking at Pikes Peak.

No comments: