Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Begin the Baby Surprise Jacket

I decided that I had some wonderful leftover yarn from my FLS and I wanted to try a pattern that everyone I know has knit or talked about knitting, the BSJ, Baby Surprise Jacket.

I had borrowed the DVD where Meg Swansen, Elizabeth Zimmermann(the designer)'s daughter, shows a step-by-step knitalong of the sweater. I have the pattern, however, the directions are sketchy at best. I was told to "just trust" and do exactly what the pattern says.

So, I cast on and started following the pattern. Then I went to Ravelry to read the forums on the BSJ looking for help. And I found it, in the form of YouTube videos done by City Knitting's Lorilee. I was pleased to discover that I was on the right track.

So far I am to the last 4 double decreases before I start a new section. I hope everyone has a fun project going on.

No comments: