Wednesday, June 24, 2009

SS09 Mini Socks: From This

Today in the mail I received a package of sock yarn from The Craft's Meow, one of the Sock Summit 2009 vendors.

I will be knitting mini sock samples for her booth between now and August. The yarn is yummy and it will be fun to see how they knit up for display. The plan is to make them big enough to be seen in the booth and touchable so folks know how fabulous this yarn feels.

She sent me a variety of fun colors in mini skeins and I think I will be able to do a couple of them with different color heels and toes for the fun, value-added look.

So, from this picture of "sock parts" to a finished product, I will update the progress once I get some knit up.

You should go over to her Etsy shop and see the wonderful colors she creates. After I visited there again I realized that she has named all her yarn colors after ice cream flavors. How fun is that?! I can hardly wait to them live at the "Big Show." :-)

I hope everyone is planning a great weekend!

2 comments:

Cathy R said...

Oooh, that looks like FUN!!

Sadly, I followed the Yarn Harlot's link to BMFA and kind of tripped. They have NEW colors.

Yep, more sock yarn is on its way to me. 'cause I needed more.

:-)

Virginia said...

Ooohh, love the red color. How fun!