Monday, June 1, 2009

June: Days to Celebrate



To start off the month we are celebrating National Bubba Day on June 2nd. Followed by Cheese Day on June 4th. What is your favorite cheese?

Then we are enjoying Doughnut Day on June 6th. If you look up doughnut shops online you will find many to choose from. Who knew how popular they were?


Then we can wish a big 75th birthday to Donald Duck on June 9th. He looks really good for his age. On June 12th we can celebrate the day baseball was invented back in 1839. Maybe the Rockies would have played better back in those days...

Magic Day is also celebrated on June 12th so maybe we just need a magic wand to get our local team back on their winning streak.

On June 14th we celebrate Flag Day. Wave them high and proudly and say thank you to any military personnel you might see that day. They need to hear it from us!


June 20th is the day you should get out your skateboards and show us your moves. I remember riding mine everyday after school down the hills in our neighborhood and coming home for grandma to patch me up from yet another skill. I was never good at it but I sure enjoyed myself.


On June 21st let's go out and celebrate all those fathers out there. Your dad needs to hear how much you love and appreciate him.

After that we can celebrate UFO Day on June 24th. It is the date of the first documented sighting, however I do not know what year that was.


And to wrap up the month on June 25th I thought it might be fun to celebrate Leon Day. Leon is Noel spelled backwards and signifies that it is only six months until Christmas. Now, now - before you throw the rotten tomatoes at me, I did not make this up. I just shared it. :-)


Whatever you choose to celebrate in June, I hope you do it with gusto and abandonment! Life is meant to be fun, exhilarating and full of momentous experiences. Enjoy!



Note: according to hoops&yoyo June is also "Accordion Awareness Month".

No comments: