Tuesday, June 30, 2009

SS09 Mini Socks: Progress Report



I am making good progress on knitting mini sample socks for The Crafts Meow, a vendor at the upcoming, now world known, and much anticipated, Sock Summit 2009.

I am using my wee tiny sock pattern on size 2s and trying a size 1 with more stitches on to get a large enough mini sock to make nice samples the can be seen and touched in her booth.

The needles I am using in these pictures are Harmony woods from Knit Picks in a size 1, 4-inch length. They are interesting to knit with, you have to keep your hands on them because they are so lightweight that if one slips away they are difficult to find. You may also want to sandpaper the ends of the occasionally.

The size 2s that I use are Bryspun double points that will be accepted on the plane. Unfortunately they do not make them in any smaller sizes and the ones I really like (Kollage square DPNS in 5-inch length) are metal and I don't dare test the TSA folks at security with those. So they will go in the checked bag and I will use the others for the plane.


She has lovely yarn both in feel and in colors. I am enjoying knitting with it and can hardly wait to see what new dye lots she brings to the show.

I hope you all have lots of color and softness in your lives!

2 comments:

Jax Bubis said...

Donna, Love the wee socks. My next class will likely be socks. I took a class for a beaded scarf and am making progress on it. I just have to find time to sit and knit - it's not, at this point, something I can do while watching tv. Need to concentrate.

But another comment is a question really. I love the idea of "recipe cards" that you show in your photo. Do you buy them that way or make them yourself?

Cathy R said...

You know? Jackie asks an excellent question... DISH, Lady!!

I had written out heel turn instructions on an index card, but I stupidly did it in pencil and it kind of erased itself over the months...