Saturday, June 20, 2009

The Flight of the Felted Clog


Today was the first day of our mother/daughter felted clogs class. We went to Green Valley Weavers and Knitters for this one.

The instructor advised us on how much and which yarn to buy. We had purchased the pattern previously so had that on hand.

Mom picked a grey and forest combo and I, as you can see, chose my signature color to be paired with chocolate.

I was happy that I got through six rows by the end of the class. (Mom has since frogged hers several times while trying to break the code to knit row 1 and come out with the correct number of stitches.)

I managed to get the top of the foot done and am at the point where I have to decide if I am putting on a teal cuff or doing it in the chocolate.

I have to say that there must be a better way to read Row 1 to make it easier to get through it. I am working on that now and have the idea that a check list approach so you can check off each section as you do it might be the answer.

I hope everyone has an adventuresome project to work on!

PS. I assume you are wondering about the "flight" reference. Well, mom has threatened to throw hers across the room at least once, and mine did fly right after I got it home and discovered I had an error. :-)

No comments: