Saturday, January 31, 2009

The Wall of Samples and the Last Day of January




It was a splendid day to visit Woodland Park today. The weather was sunny, bright and warm for the last day of the first month of the new year. I had my first class with my private student and we worked on the Tea Rose pattern that is from Nicky Epstein's Knitted Flowers book. She did really well and, I expect, will be ready for the leaves in two weeks with two flower pieces ready to put together.

While I was there I added my latest design sample, the Gauntlet Cuff, to my section of the Wall of Samples. I also gave them the sample of the Tea Rose to hang up for future students. So far I am filling my section of the wall, and with shop's help they get ID'd with fun signage.


I even got to visit with the shop owner's dog, Sport. He is recuperating from his first hip replacement and needs to be kept quiet. So, he was soaking up as much attention as he could from the steady flow of customers. Way to go, Sport!

I hope all of you are finding ways to fill these winter days and enjoy the last day of January!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those are fantastic gauntlets!! I really like them.

Gentle strokes and pats are sent to Sport.

And regular hugs to you and Pedro!