Monday, January 5, 2009

Happy Monday: The Weekend Recap





This past weekend was very productive for me. I had a class on Saturday on correcting common knitting errors with three attendees. It was great to see everyone and we had a good time purposely attempting to knit mistakes so we could try to fix them. The group also came up with good ideas for future classes. The plan currently is: cables in February and a fancy, ruffled scarf in March.

The scarf is one that was found in the 2009 Knitting Pattern A Day desk calendar. I spent Saturday afternoon googling size 7 circular needles in a 45-inch length and variegated Patons Classic Wool yarn. I will send my findings to the shop so they can order what we need to work with.


Yesterday it was snowing and blowing in town. A wonderful day to stay in and knit. And knit I did. I worked through almost a full skein trying to design a pattern for ruffled cuffs similar to the scarf pattern for the March class. And I tested the pattern on a sample mini scarf for the class sample to hang in the shop. All and all it was successful by the end of the day and the pile of knitting attempts seen here.

The cuffs are knit flat and then will get at least three buttons to close them up. They have a ribbed cuff so will not need to make buttonholes, just sew the buttons on for decoration and to close up the side.

I also found time to knit a few more rows on the cable scarf I am making for myself. It is made with two cables across with an eight row pattern. I am using Cascade 220 Tweed in plum. I think it will be really fun as a long, skinny, multi-wrap neck warmer.

And Pedro found time, between naps, to investigate a new fabric bag. At one point he was running through the house with the handle wrapped around his butt. It was hilarious.

I hope you had a fun and productive weekend! Happy Monday!

No comments: