Thursday, January 15, 2009

Knitting, Knitting



The Ooh La La scarf has taken on a life of its own. I have yet to knit a lace shawl, however, this scarf has given me the insight of what it might be like.

The other evening I watched a knit buddy working on a circular lace knit that will measure 6 1/2 feet when it is finished.

So, this scarf seems like a smaller feat. Once I got past the accomplishment of 400 stitches on the needles per row I realized that the next two increases, 800 and 16oo respectively, could take me more than a day to knit across each row.


Now that I am on the bind off of 1600 stitches, I can appreciate the "long" knits. Tune in later this week for the finished project and my hints and tips regarding this pattern.

In "shorter" knitting news -- Duckers has a scarf.

I hope everyone is having fun this week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, that looks like a really cool knit. I'll have to research the pattern...

Yay Duckers Scarf!!