Monday, January 26, 2009

Happy Monday: The Weekend Recap


I had a busy and cold weekend. The weather gods finally remembered what the calendar said and brought winter back to us. Pedro and I spent a quiet weekend cleaning the office space so I could change out to a new computer and printer. The computer switch over went smoothly, the printer - not so much. Got is all unpacked, hooked up per the "quick start" guide and when it said Power Up after you plug in the power I got nothing, no juice. Very frustrating at 6 AM. Oh well, I will be on the phone this evening with tech support. Hate to think it has to be returned as it was mail ordered. :-(

In Knitting News: I found more yarn to make some more Tea Roses pins and the stuff to make the pin back areas look more finished. Finished a gauntlet cuff that I really like the looks of, so I will be writing this one up. I am going to make myself a pair and try out some beading on it.

And I knit a cabled headband for Duckers. I think he looks very handsome in his matching scarf and headband. Next, I have to find him a sweater pattern.

This week I have plans to make some more DPN holders and stitch markers for my Etsy shop.

P.S. I should not be allowed around technology in the early AM. If I could have detected the difference between the ON button and the START button on the new printer I might have gotten further with the installation. My bad!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whew! I'm glad the printer thing was fixed. I had to spend almost 2 hours on the phone with technical support to get Mom and Dad's wireless router working in their house. Very frustrating, especially since it was the exact same brand and the exact same model, purchased at the exact same moment as the one that took 45 minutes of my time to set up in my house. *sigh* Durn technology.

Anonymous said...

Oh, and Ducky looks rather dashing in his hat and headband.

Do his feet look cold?