Friday, January 23, 2009

FO: Rose Pin

The tea rose is done and assembled. It is a very simple knit. I will be adding a felt round to the back to cover the assembly area as well as providing a solid base to place the pin back.

This rose turns out quite large. I am looking for 2-inch pin backs and, so far, have only found 1-1/2-inch. Will try one of those if that is all I can find.

I am also going to try to cut the pattern down and make a smaller one to see how it looks.

Tomorrow I will be stopping in the outlet store and buying more yarn to make a couple in other colors. I think I saw it available in yellow and lavendar.

My next flower project will be the ones that look like columbines. In the book they are called Moody Blues. Everyone I have showed it to here says they look like columbines. I'll let you know how those turn out.

Until then, I hope everyone is pursuing something that makes them happy!

No comments: