Tuesday, January 6, 2009

January: Days to Celebrate

Let's begin with National Soup Month. I am a huge fan of soup meals in cold weather month and over the years have compiled a large recipe base. This month I will be trying my hand at a new recipe: Chicken Tortilla Soup. I will post that recipe after I accomplish it.

Other fun things to celebrate in January are: on the 6th (today) is Clean Your House Day. I will be requesting that Pedro take care of that while I am at work. However, I am sure his version is to curl up in his kitty-hut on the bed and wait for me to do it on the weekend. Oh well, I try.


Tomorrow we can break out the blender and celebrate Strawberry Smoothie Day. Then, on Friday, we can snap, crackle and pop for Static Electricity Day. I will combating that particular annoyance with a recently shared home remedy of 1/4 fabric softener to 3/4 water in a spray bottle and spritz the carpet. That has saved a computer mouse or two at my office.


On the 14th you can celebrate Dress Up Your Pet Day. And while we are at it maybe they can join the birthday celebration for Winnie the Pooh on the 18th.

On the 21st let's get out there and celebrate National Hug Day which is right in the middle of National Book Week. And, on the 22nd, we can stuff ourselves on National Junk Food Day.

To wrap up the month, I think it is appropriate to celebrate Say Thanks Day on the 28th.

I, personally, will be celebrating a birthday this month (as many days as I can get away with) and hope that all of you find many reasons to celebrate!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm very sorry to report that it will take much more than ONE day to clean my house. It looks like a bomb went off in it.