Thursday, January 22, 2009

Knitted Roses and "Lost"

As promised, here is a picture of the knitted parts of the Tea Rose I have been building as a sample for the class I am teaching based on Nicky Epstein's Knitted Flowers book.

Unfortunately, the picture of the finished product will have to wait until tomorrow. I did not have time to assemble this one last night and the first one is on my suit jacket at work. I will bring it home today and photo it for tomorrow's post.

These do not take long to knit and assemble. The flowers turn out large so I may try less stitches to make a smaller version. The leaves are super fast and easy to knit. And you do need four to finish one rose. I am going to get some more yarn this weekend and knit some up in other colors. I think they will make lovely Mother's Day gifts.

On the "Lost" scene, it looks like this season is going to be all about getting the Oceanic 6 members back to the island. I see the potential for more questions to be answered. It was interesting to watch them bounce around in time, supposedly, as the island shifted. So far, no explanation about why it is doing that. All in all, this is a cleverly written show. I am going to enjoy this season.

I hope everyone is having a good end to their week!

No comments: