Thursday, January 29, 2009

Previously In Knitting News

When I started the week I was in a quandary as to what to begin next. My list of requests is growing and sometimes I get the idiotic idea that I can start them all and manage to get them knit simultaneously. I am learning that multi-tasking with paperwork is one thing and knitting is another.

So, with that realization, I reviewed my list and decided to start a pair of handwarmers in a cable knit pattern (new to me) for a friend's daughter. The color makes me smile and the pattern is interesting enough that I don't want to put it down. Last night I even tried to knit the ribbing during Lost. That is how interesting the pattern is.


This weekend I will be starting the mother/daughter knitalong which will create the "granddaughter/nieces in Germany" sweaters. I will be knitting the soonest deadline one for the April birthday and mom will be knitting the one for the July birthday. We are using a Lion Brand pattern that incorporates a lace yolk and Cotton Ease yarn so it is three-season wearable. They should be lots of fun to knit. Of course we are making them a little longer than called for so a future growth spurt won't turn them into shrugs before their time.

I hope everyone is planning some fun activities for the end of the week.

Note: Pedro is happy the technical portion of the week is over because he gets to play in the big box that came with the printer.

No comments: