Monday, January 9, 2012

New Tools for 2012



My Santa(s) were really good to me this year. First, I received the very cool package of Albert (who is now mounted on my wall above my closet door as a "trophy") and inside him was a Mama Bear table top swift from The Oregon Wood Worker. This came from my secret Santa.

I set it up on my every-handy card table and tried it out on a skein of sock yarn. It worked like a dream. It is easy to set up and use, comes apart and stores in a lovely fabric bag. The action is smooth and when paired with my new electric skein winder (another Santa gift), it required little manipulation or tending while it wound. It does require I sit there with it or Pedro tries to bat it as it goes around. That could be a mess if he succeeds.

The new tools are a great way to start off the New Year~!

No comments: