Thursday, January 5, 2012

1st Quarter Challenge

Even though I am overly tempted....too tempted.... wait, NO, tempted, by the Loopy Ewe 1st Quarter Challenge to knit a project with a silk-mix yarn, I have to say, not this quarter.

I have a challenge of my own to do. I will be finishing a commission project - 10 gnome hats by February 1st, and then concentrating on finishing the UFOs in my pile. To make it fair, they are: K1B Reversible Vest, July 2011 socks, Spiraluscious cowl and mitts and the Camp Loopy 2011 bunting.
After I have accomplished all that, I will look into starting a new project. The reason for this self-imposed decree is - I am starting a new dayjob next week. This will include a learning curve for a new company that will eat up a lot of my "compute cycles" and take away some of my knitting time. This is a good development because I am so looking forward to working for a company that appreciates and values their employees.

My next new projects will be the Phoncible Hat in Lion Brand Amazing and the Bum Diddy visor hat in Charisma. I love trying new patterns, usually I find some fun and fast gift ideas.

I hope everyone has great plans for this month and the first quarter. Maybe Loopy Ewe 2nd quarter challenge is in the cards for me~!

No comments: