Monday, January 16, 2012

Mindful on Mondays: Large Purchase



I am back to the idea of making a large purchase for a new TV. I have owned the one I have since 2005, it is a 24-inch screen and as large as a boat anchor. It does not have the hookups for the newer dvd players which means that I cannot have streaming access to Netflix (which I really want).

My TV watching is done through rabbit ears and an HD antenna that I had to get when the "air" signals went digital. I plan to continue viewing "air" channels, no cable or satellite for me. So I think I will be able to get rid of the HD antenna if I have a new TV, not sure yet about the rabbit ears.

So I am researching what kind of TV, model, and additional equipment to get what I want. The research is based on one hour for every $100 of value of the largest piece of equipment, in my case, the TV itself. At this point, looking at Best Buy offerings, I have met the time part of my research and then some. Now I am just waiting to see if the sale before Super Bowl is a reality.

Maybe this will be my Valentine prezzie to myself. I hope everyone is having a great start to their New Year~!

No comments: