Wednesday, April 13, 2011

KWCG Sock of the Month - April Update


This is a really fun knit for the self-striping or handpainted yarn that needs only a simple pattern to show off the yarn.

The pattern is a plain tube topped with an inch-and-a-half of K2, P2 rib (or 2x2 rib) and a plain toe. I am going to knit the second one and then put in the heels.

After my first attempt on the second of the March socks, I realized that I need to pick up the live heel stitches plus a couple on each side to avoid the sneaky "hole".

The sock yarn for this pair is Red Heart: Heart&Sole in Green Envy, which at first I called a Spring color but, I decided,  is really for if/when the radiation cloud gets here, it will match with my "glow".

I hope everyone has a fun project going on that helps them get through all these days of worry and concern~!

No comments: