Friday, January 14, 2011

New Technique: 2@Time Top Down



Today I took a class to learn how to knit socks 2 at a Time Toe Up from the book by Melissa Morgan-Oakes. First, I have to say, she writes a very good instruction book! Each step is clear and well documented. I know that I could have taught myself this technique just from the book, but taking a class is so much more fun. I learn more and have the opportunity to ask questions as we go along.

The hardest part of the technique is getting the two socks set up and getting through the first 4-5 rows so there is enough knitted fabric to keep the thing from tangling.

My sample socks will be the weirdest looking socks ever because I only put a couple rows of each part of the sock construction on them. The picture shows just through the gussets picked up and ready for decreasing. I will be finishing them tomorrow. I am not certain which technique I like better in the 2 at a Time yet, I think I may be leaning towards the toe up. Time will tell.

I hope everyone is finding new and interesting ways to do the things they love~!

No comments: