Tuesday, January 4, 2011

January is “Selfish Knitting Month”

According to Sheri at the Loopy Ewe, this is the rule. You can only knit for yourself during the month of January.

Now, let's see, what is on my list?  The Twisted Rib neckwarmer with the Malabrigo I brought home from the Loopy Ewe Spring Fling last year.

It is beautiful and soft and really nice to knit with. The pattern is easily memorized and I am up to 6 repeats. It looks like I will only get about 4 1/2 inch wide with this 150 yards of yarn. Good thing it is one that you wind around twice, like an infinity scarf.

I also knit two of the Dinan Slouchy Beanies for myself. I am going to try to finish my Irish Hiking Scarf as a scarflette this month as well so I can have one more FO in my collection.

And I am starting my January socks which will be updated in another post. I hope everyone is finding a way to treat themselves at the beginning of this fine year~!

1 comment:

Cathy R said...

Oh, I really like that. Can't wait to see the finished object.