Sunday, January 2, 2011

Looking Back: My Favorite Memories of 2010



May this year be the best every! And I want to share my top memories from 2010 with all of you. Here we go!

As most of you who have been reading all year know, 2010 was my year to seriously knit. Most of my posts were about knitting in some fashion. In January I knit my first pair of mittens and then got crazy with it. I think the final count was 10 pair with supplies for more waiting in the wings. In February I completed five knitting events for Ravelympics while watching the Winter Games. It was lots of fun.

In March I knit my first cardi, the pattern is from Knitting Pure and Simple and is a wraparound style. I even wore it again this weekend to see my folks for New Year. In April, I went to the Loopy Ewe Spring Fling and Pedro went to Camp Mouse. His letters home were hysterical.

In May, I sadly watched the final episodes of LOST. Network TV will never be the same for me. And in June I headed east to pick up the tent trailer with my brother. We had a good time and the trailer will be handy for camping trips in the future.

In July, I did some local touring with the folks and decluttered my house which was a huge accomplishment. Of course, all the while I was knitting. The Watermelon Vesper socks got completed after their road trip to West Virginia. In August, we had a short visit from the Evil Elf and took dad camping for his 90th birthday. Pedro liked his first real camping trip as well.

In September, we had more visits from family members from both coasts and visited a ghost town in full autumn splendor. And I got to visit Buckskin Joe's for their final weekend before it is moved to an undislosed destination. In October, I knit my first pair of mystery KAL socks, saw Werewolves in Cripple Creek and learned a new fabric craft I call Folded Fabric.

In November, I got serious about my holiday gift knitting, Ravelry hit its 1 million registered users milestone and the weather stayed unusually balmy. December brought the year to an end with pub crawling, deadline knitting, new technique classes for me and a wonderful holiday break.

I hope everyone has great memories from this year. May 2011 bring more joy than you can hope for~!

1 comment:

Cathy R said...

I love your "year in review" post as well as the fact that you post goals for the upcoming year.

Good luck with all of your accomplishments! I know that you will have a great year.