Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Other Things To So With Sock Yarn

I own a lot of sock yarn and love knitting socks, however you can only wear so many socks, so I have started looking at sock yarn with the idea that other things can be made from it. I took a class with Wendy Johnson of Wendy Knits at the Loopy Ewe Spring Fling and she showed us some fun accessory ideas from sock weight yarn. I made earrings, hair ties, and started a mitered square lapghan that uses up the leftovers.

Now a book has come out that focuses on one skein projects made out of sock yarn. I ordered mine before it was even published, remembering I have skeins set aside for just these projects. This one is the best layout of the One Skein books because the pictures of the projects are on the same pages as the patterns. That is really helpful when you are marking the book with project post-its. I see several that I will be knitting in the future.

Another great source for pattern ideas is Ravelry and I have collected some wonderful sockweight shawlette patterns that most can be made from one skein.

Now that I have all these ideas I am off to raid my sock yarn bucket. See you soon~!

1 comment:

Cathy R said...

I love that book. Love, love, love, love, LOVE that book.

A work friend of mine wants to borrow my copy and I'm having a hard time agreeing to part with it, even for a couple of days...