Monday, November 22, 2010

Monday Morning Muddle



I had a busy and productive weekend complete with adding more lights to my window. This year I am combatting the idea that I am going and coming from work in the dark with twinkly lights in my window at home. I have them on a timer so they come on before I get home in the evening and can see them walking up the walk. Notice that Pedro knows to watch for momma after the lights come on.

1. First off I helped mom shop for a variety of items that will either be needed for Thanksgiving Day dinner or for comic relief Christmas gifts. One can be seen next to Pedro in the picture: a dancing, singing Christmas tree hat doubling as my Christmas tree this holiday season.

2. Then I worked all weekend on knitting gifts for faraway family and prepping for fold fabric projects also destined to be gifts this holiday season.

3. I taught twined knitting to eager students who really liked that it is a simpler technique than it sounds.

4. Cleaning house and doing laundry before the holiday rounded out my weekend.

Now I feel ready to enjoy a few days off which will be filled with family, friends, food, fun and frantic work on completing the gifts that have to be mailed the first of December aka next week aka AHHHHHH!

I hope everyone had a great weekend~!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the lights and Pedro illuminated!
Just played "catch-up" reading the last 5 or 6 blogs.
You are one busy girl!

Anonymous said...

Oh, and have a Happy Thanksgiving.
I'm off to Tucson to visit my sister.
Gary will stay in Crestone to keep the home fires burning.

Cathy R said...

Wow... and I thought I was productive just to have mopped my kitchen floor.

I love your lights and Pedro in the window. We are in that time of year where I need to remember to turn my porch light on so I can see to get into the house in the evenings.

Have a super fantastic Thanksgiving, and give my best to your parents!