Monday, August 16, 2010

The Monday Muddle



After a full weekend of family and fun, it is difficult to put it all into a cohesive report of what I have been up to. So I have decided to start the Monday Muddle where I will list the things I did in some semblance of order.

1. Yes, there was knitting. This was a week I did not have any classes scheduled because I knew we would be doing a lot of Dad's birthday. I worked on the second sock of the Hermione pattern and will have it finished this evening if I am really lucky. Then I will have to decide what is next on the car knitting list.


2. Choose a new house knitting project: that was on my mind all weekend and I have decided to start on the Sparkling Sweater that I got the yarn as a Christmas gift this past year.


3. The new NOOK. Dad got a Nook for his birthday from his daughter back east. Fortunately, she had tipped off mom and I ahead of time so we could get him some accessories to go with it.


4. BBQ in the backyard with more family and some neighbors stopped by to sing Happy Birthday to him. We had steak and lobster tails and all the trimmings. It was yummy.


5. Packed the camping trailer so that we are really ready to go before Labor Day weekend.


6. Got Pedro more used to travelling in his new chariot, the pet stroller. We went for a walk in the driveway, which in spots really requires 4WD. I think it will be better to stick to the smoother parts of the dirt next time.

7. Added music to my Zen after moving mom's collection from her laptop to her main computer which has better speakers. Now she can have music in the living area that she can listen to as she cooks dinner if she wants.

8. And got home in time to do my laundry and get ready for the work week.

All in all, a great weekend with lots of fun and some productivity as well. I hope everyone had a great August weekend~!




No comments: