Saturday, August 21, 2010

And the Decluttering Continues


I have finally gotten to the biggest part of my decluttering project - the living room, knitting bookcase and the outside storage closet.

My progress for the weekend turned out to be cleaning and rearranging the living room (while Pedro watched and ran off occasionally to avoid the vacuum cleaner) and sorting all my knitting supplies. I managed to get it all sorted and arranged as well as destashing about two bags of yarn to be donated to my favorite church in Green Mountain Falls. They have a great group of charity knitters that do everything from hats and mittens to sweaters for the kids.

The knitting bookcase will be a day or more all its own. I am considering going through all the magazines I have, scanning the patterns I plan to knit and donating all the magazines to the PPLD (Pikes Peak Library District) Friends of the Library shop to resell. I hate throwing those things away and believe that recyling to the largest possible audience is a good idea for all. With that said, it means that this part of the project will take the longest time.

The outside storage closet is slated for September when it is time to change out my summer wardrobe for the winter one. Then I can downsize all the things I have not worn in the last year or so, plus anything else I find in there that has not been seen in the last four years. Once that is done I probably can move some of the knitting supplies that are currently in buckets, stacked in the corners out of the living area. That will give me lots more uncluttered floor space in my apartment.

One of the best things I sorted and gathered into one area is the WIPs, all the projects that I have started for class demonstrations and never finished. Now they are in a box of their own and I see them everyday which reminds me I have half done things I need to finish.

All in all a very productive weekend. I hope everyone else had one~!

No comments: