Wednesday, August 18, 2010

A New "Knit It At Home" Project



The Sparkling Scarlet Sweater - Creative Knitting January 2010. I will be knitting this one in Plymouth Encore worsted in rich purple.

The first thing I have to do is start on the gauge swatch which I will do on a sleeve. I like to start there because then if it works the first time I don't have to rip it out and start again. That is unusual but sometimes it happens. :-)

I was reading through the pattern copy that I made from the magazine and realized that I had copied all the pages I need, so I will be making a concerted effort this weekend to find the magazine that I know is stored safely in the house. Currently so safely that I cannot find it, of course.

This will be my home project so it will sit by my chair and be worked on each evening with audiobooks or movies as entertainment. Because it is a lace pattern project I will probably only be able to listen to whatever entertainment I choose. I am excited to start something that is a little more challenging. The goal is to have it done before Christmas this year.
I find it more productive for me to have a home project and a car project. It gives me the variety that I need and is easier to take a smaller, more portable project with me in the car while leaving the larger project at home.

I will keep you posted on the progress of this one. And any recommendations on where to find the button/closures will be helpful~!

1 comment:

Cathy R said...

Blackwater Abbey (Abby? I'm not a good speller) has some beautiful pewter-esque celtic-esque buttons. And dragons. And Hearts. And Hearts with Celtic knotwork...