Monday, June 7, 2010

OTR - Trailer Fetching


I left Colorado with the threat of a cold and rainy weekend while I went East to pickup a pop-up tent trailer so I can do some weekend camping with the family.

With all the rain we have had this Spring the countryside across the plains to Kansas was green and wild flowers beginning to bloom.



I found lots of ideas of things to see and do in Kansas across I-70 for future trips within the first 75 miles into the state. Not too far for a camping weekend from where I am.



Before I got to where I was meeting my brother I took a spontaneous side trip (this type of unplanned deviation from the trip plan is called Notion Strike, something I learned from my mother when I was growing up) I ended up in Wamego, KS at the Oz Museum and the Oz Winery.


It was a great side trip before my arrival in Kansas City. The wine was good, very grapey, from local Kansas grapes. The museum was very well done with all things Oz.

It was a fun side trip and I met up with the family at the Kansas City Airport for dinner and a quick visit. We will be off to Maryland/West Virginia in the early AM.

1 comment:

Cathy R said...

Have a super fantastic trip!! I love the thought of an Oz museum.