Friday, June 11, 2010

OTR - Homeward Bound



There has been evidence of lots of water across the Midwest during this trip, creeks, rivers brimming with water, and fields underwater. Amazing how the weather creates and impacts everything. And wherever I have been the big topic of conversation is the weather and how to deal with whatever that day brings. People are so resilient out in the heartland. It is a lesson to all of us to take it as it comes.

I visited my brother's town where he currently lives in King City, MO. There are windmills everywhere, the really big ones that are helping create electricity from what Mother Nature gives us. They are huge.

I am headed home tomorrow across the plains expecting big storms along the way. Up until now we have either been ahead or behind the big storms but I think my luck is about to run out. I hope to see the historic river road outside of Manhattan KS and visit a yarn shop in Gove KS as weather and time allows.

I am also stopping to the visit the friends that are getting the Pedro gifts in the AM for breakfast. Will post more afterwards.

No comments: