Thursday, June 10, 2010

OTR - Riverboats and Twain


Today found us in early because we stopped to visit Hannibal MO, the home of Mark Twain. This is one of the places I have always wanted to visit. We parked the rig down near the riverboat tour that they offer and, amazing, we found Huckleberry Finn birds on the Mississippi River. See them floating on the log raft?

Then we took the tour of Mark Twain's Museum, home and other related buildings, including the famous fence. It was really fun. We also checked out the great campground that is adjacent to the cave tour. I think I have convinced my brother to take his family camping there in the near future. It is a beautiful setting with trolley service to town to visit all the tourist attractions.




It was a fun place to visit and worth another trip because there were lots more things to see and do.

1 comment:

Cathy R said...

I must be tired because it took me a very long time to figure out what fence you were talking about.

If you didn't see the Riverworld mini-series on Sci Fi Channel (OK, they are calling themselves SyFy now), you might really enjoy it. I liked it a lot and Mark Twain was one of the characters.