Sunday, June 27, 2010

My New Favorite Pattern - The Gnome Hat




I discovered a great pattern at Etsy and had to have both the child and adult version. This is a well-written pattern and produces a wonderful hat.

It is the Gnome Hat by pumkinhaus. You can find it either at ravelry or at her shop on Etsy.


The pattern calls for Lambs Pride Bulky, however I made this first one with two strands held together of Lion's Brand Wool-Ease so they can be washed. My first one I started and finished today is a child size small. Duckers thinks he looks "too cool for school" in it.

I plan to make more of these for unspecified folks for unspecified reasons (secret knits), I can't tell you yet, but will blog about them again in the future.

1 comment:

Cindi said...

I was so thrilled to see the little gnome hat you knit!! So cute! I purchased the pattern the very same day and have knit up the small one - very quick knit with superb results! I was desperate for a special knit for a baby shower - THANK YOU!!!!