Monday, April 6, 2009

April: Days to Celebrate!






Lucy Neatby's birthday on April 4th, I think that is big and she should be celebrating for at least the whole month. Happy Birthday, Lucy!



Of course, we had April Fool's Day, for me it came and went quickly with no ill pranks. It was followed quickly by National Peanut Butter and Jelly Day. Now, there is a comfort sandwich I can get behind. I wonder when National Grilled Cheese Sandwich Day is?

Hoppy bunnies will celebrate Easter on April 12th this year. That is the moving holiday discussed earlier in this blog. After that National Pecan Day will be on April 14th, followed by National Cheese Ball Day on April 17th and Garlic Day on the 19th. I think I see a pattern here.

Then we skip along through Earth Day on the 22nd and sharing that day is National Jelly Bean Day. Tree and shrubs are celebrated on the 24th - Arbor Day. It is also National Pig-in-a-Blanket Day.

Rounding out this month, that seems to be mostly about food, is National Pretzel Day on the 26th and National Shrimp Scampi Day.

The month is also known as National Kite and Frog Month.

I hope you find a way to celebrate the days of this first full month of Spring!

Note: Days brought to you by hoops&yoyo (Hallmark) since my apartment complex failed to deliver their monthly newsletter to my door.

1 comment:

Cathy R said...

I would definately vote for National Grilled Cheese Sandwich Day.

Does Shrimp Scampi truly deserve a whole day of its own??? As much as I like (ok, LOVE) shrimp, that does seem a bit strange.

I'm pleased that the FLS seems to be working out well.