Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Is It Time For a De-Stash?

And, if so, what? I have four buckets of acyrlic that I would like to say good-bye to however --- I am one who likes to test a pattern on something cheap, errr less expensive. 

When I go through my yarn I usually look at it for what projects can I do with this. And for the last couple years I have been trying only to buy things that I have a project in mind for. Then I bring it home and package it with the pattern so I remember later what I am going to do with it. That helps me keep the stash under control.

I do have some yarns that have been gifted to me and remain in the bags they came in so I can review them later to match up with patterns.

So this summer I am going to go through my stash with a fine tooth comb and reduce what I can to the local church to knit up things for the homeless. And I am going to knit up some things that will be sold at an annual fundraising Christmas Boutique in Teller County to raise money for teens in life-altering situations. I think that will be a fine use of time and yarn.

So, until then, realize that my stash is in transition, again.

1 comment:

Cathy R said...

Just find a willing friend and load them down with bags and bangs of yarn.

It worked for me!

Oh... wait...