Sunday, March 6, 2011

Fast and Fun Knit



This weekend I have been working on putting the final plans into place for my first ever knitting retreat that I am hosting in Buena Vista the first weekend of April.

While I was doing that I went through all my stash looking for single skeins of yarn to be used in a mystery knit and ran across some bulky yarn that needed to be a headband. I practiced some techniques that will be used at the retreat and created this lovely little headband that I have been wearing in the house.

It is knit out of Patons Shetland Chunky on size 15US needles. It was done over 50 stitches and final width was about 4 inches unstretched and only used about 50 yards. It took me half a movie to complete, now that is a fast knit.

My new photo buddy wanted his picture taken with it. I found him at Hobby Lobby with the easter offerings and knew he needed to come home with me. I hope you think he is cute too~!

1 comment: