Monday, May 24, 2010

Things That Say: FO

I am happy to report that I have finished items this week to show and tell.

First up, my Froot Loop hat made from the Sockhead Hat pattern. I made this lightweight, slouchy beanie out of a mystery skein of Sockotta sock yarn. The colors remind of Froot Loop cereal hence the name. It is a fun knit in the round and works well for TV watching or road trips when you just want to knit and not think about the pattern. I did this one on size 2US, 3.0mm needles which seems on the larger size of the 2 options.

And I finished a pair of the mini handmitts from the Sock Yarn Mini Warmers pattern for my sister in the Marine Life colorway in Felici yarn from KnitPicks.

These are a really fun knit and I tried them on two circs this time instead of DPNs. They work up faster this way. I adjusted the pattern a bit by doing three rows of k1, p1 rib after the cast on to get a little fit at the wrist. I really like these for warmer weather wear in an extra A/C office setting. You get lightweight warmth and really fun colors.

I hope everyone is making happy accomplishments~!

1 comment:

Cathy R said...

I finished my fingerless gloves on the cruise (good thing, because I needed to wear them) and started a qiviut/silk scarf. I'm also working on my red sweater.