Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The Beginning of a Cat


This project has a secret recipient however I have to tell the story so if you realize that I am talking about you, try to act surprised when you see the final result.

I have some friends that used to be my neighbors and when they moved, my precious pussycat Pedro, was devastated. Even after two years, he will go out on the porch and look at their door to see if they will come out to see him. And they loved him too and I understand keep a picture of him on their computer as wallpaper.

So, I am going to have the opportunity to stop in their new town and visit them this next month so I am making a Pedro stand-in for them. I have to thank Dangercraft for making the perfect pattern for my knit a kitty venture. It is her Greta the Cat pattern that will be the basis for my Pedro look-alike.

And here is the beginning of a kitty. I am knitting it with Plymouth Encore Colorspun in 7142 called (can't find that it has a name so I will call it Pedro). So far it is a fast knit on the Magic Loop method that I am doing on my Denise needles (have to report they are not ideal for this method). I will not show you a picture of the completed item until it has been gifted so not to give away the complete surprise. This is my first toy project from Dangercraft and I think her patterns are fabulously written and lots of fun.

I hope everyone has fun things planned for their friends~!

2 comments:

Lina said...

What a wonderful gift! Can't wait to see the finished Pedro Cat. :)

Cathy R said...

Yay! Your friends are really lucky. I can't wait to see the finished Pedro.