Saturday, May 15, 2010

Cardi Progress: Finished and Lesson Learned


The Top Down Wrap Cardi (Harlot's favorite sweater pattern from Knitting Pure and Simple #263) is nearly finished.

I finished the neck band yesterday after I took this picture and started weaving ends and making the couple feet of I-cord for the ties. I should be able to wear it this next week.

Does anyone see anything interesting in the picture? Yes, it is true, the colors are off. This is my visual lesson in matching dyelots and how important they are for large projects.

The yarn is Lion Brand Wool-Ease in Blue Mist. There are 5 skeins in the sweater and three of them were in one dye lot and the other two were not. I will be using this as a class lesson in the future.

Other than that, I love this sweater and plan to wear it with great pleasure and often. It will make a great sweater to wear with my jeans any cool day I can find.

I hope everyone is happily pursuing their favorite things~!

1 comment:

Cathy R said...

I bet that you could overdye it with some Ritt dye. I've done that before.

Just my humble opinion.

Very pretty sweater!!