Friday, May 10, 2013

Tube Socks - Take 2


Previously you saw that I knit a pair of fast tube socks during my mom's eye surgery, mostly to keep my hands busy and my patience high, and also for her to wear with her favorite Crocs.

I learned a few things to make these socks even faster to knit and better to wear. First thing is to go down a needle size for a firmer fabric.

Here is the next pair on the needles and she will be receiving them this weekend for Mother's Day, along with some things that will remain secret.

The yarn is Knit Picks Felici Sport in Macaroon and the pattern is on from the Better Homes and Garden Craft newsletter and is called: Two Knock-Out Socks You Can Knit.

I am practicing the nearly jogless stripe technique so I can teach it this week at Stitch of the Month class. It works well with self-striping yarn.

Needless to say, I ordered more of this yarn so there are more pairs come, get those Crocs ready~!

No comments: