Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Recycling Bedding into Wearables



One of the first things I ran across when I was researching apron patterns was a book called Dozens of Ways to Repurpose Pillowcases by Suzanne J. E. Tourtillott. It has some very fun projects in it, including an apron that I want to make. It is called the Layer Cake Apron.

I went looking for the pillowcases at Goodwill however did not find the embroidered ones as shown. So I bought some fun top sheets and pillow cases for $1 a piece and brought them home for the future apron that I would create.

In the process, I found another pattern that worked beautifully for I have found. It is called the Cottage Inspired Apron and is free from the Better Homes and Gardens website (www.bhg.com).

I finished it this weekend and used some of the leftover materials from the lap quilt I made from a kit I purchased at Snappy Quilts in Denver. I think it will make a cute picnic quilt or to throw on the patio table this summer.

All in all, a productive weekend.

No comments: