Sunday, May 5, 2013

The Thank You Hat


The knitting retreat was super fun and there are supporting cast to thank for that. First, the weather gods, we had perfect mountain weather for our weekend. It was cool and warm, only slightly breezy and the sun shone brightly on the white mountains. Truly of gift of spring in the Rockies.

Then our favorite knitting shop outdid themselves with service, beautiful yarn to shop for and a great, new classroom space that made learning with Mikki fun. We gifted her with a one skein tote bag (as shown in a previous post) complete with stitch markers designated for the retreat.

And, I have to commend the owners of the Vista Court Cabins for all their hard work over the last year to renovate their spaces. As usual the cabins were warm and cozy. The guesthouse is a great place to meet for meals and knitting/game nights. The redo of the back bedroom with plans for an extra bathroom was a welcome surprise. We remember the first year when that bedroom was still mostly a sun porch, sort of like camping out (still, we had fun).

When I got home I knit up a skein of Malabrigo Worsted in a lovely green color for the owner of the cabins and have mailed it to her as a special thank you. I hope she likes it~!

And, last but never least, the knitters themselves. They are an awesome bunch of women who, each year, follow me out to the mountains to see what I have concocted for them this time. I have lots of fun in the planning stage from the dinner ideas to the class choice to the surprise gifts. I look forward to our fourth year and am already in the planning stages. Thank you all for making this a very fun endeavor for me~!

No comments: