Friday, February 19, 2010

Ravelympics: Finished Second Event


I finished the Twisted Rib Beret for the Hat Halfpipe tonight. I plan to wear it tomorrow with the one finished mitten that matches it. The second mitten should be finished tomorrow.

I blew up two circular needles making this hat. It was a good test of Boye Balene II 16-inch needles. They did not like all the stitches and maybe next hat will be done on 24-inch needles. The joins did not hold on the working needle. I guess I was knitting at Olympic pace. :-)

And, as you can see, Loopy is tired from the exertions of this version of the halfpipe.

Tomorrow I will cast on the much anticipated Cupcake Mitts for the Mitten Moguls event. I am so excited to get going on these. It has been difficult to wait to do them.

I hope everyone is pursuing fun things this weekend~!

2 comments:

Cindi said...

Nice job on the hat!!! Looking forward to seeing the cupcake mits..
Keep up the good work - I'm rooting for you!!!!

Cathy R said...

You..... you.... NEEDLE MURDERER!!

The hat looks great, though.