Saturday, February 6, 2010

In Training for Ravelympics

This weekend, when I was not in knitting class, I was prepping my "event" entries for Ravelympics. I had help from my cheering team.


I have officially entered four events, knitting for two teams. For Team Loopy, I am knitting in the Beading Biatholon with the Shell Fringe Scarf that I have had in the wings for two years and trying my first beret pattern for the Hat Halfpipe.

For Team Tank (because the creator of the Cupcake Mitts is in this one) I am entered in the Mitten Moguls with Karendipidity's Cupcake Fingerless Mitts and for a fun, fast start to the two weeks of atheletic excitement I am starting out with the Single Skein Speed Skate by knitting a cowl I am going to use as a sample in my upcoming beginning circular knitting class. My goal for the cowl is to have it done before opening ceremonies concludes on Friday night, February 12th.


I cannot cast on until 7 p.m. our time on Friday. So I will be working on finishing the pair of felted clogs, and other UFOs this week to keep my fingers nimble. I really enjoyed participating in the summer 2008 event and hope I have chosen enough to keep me busy for this winter version. This time you can enter other events during the time if you have successfully completed the ones you originally signed up for. That is great.

The only evening during the week that I cannot watch Olypmics while I knit is Tuesday during LOST. And, since I cannot really knit while the show is on, I will call that my "buy" night.

I hope everyone has fun plans during the Winter Olympics~!

1 comment:

Mokihana said...

You've got some really fun project for the Ravellympics! My event is just WIPdancing.... I will be glad to finish those UFOs!