Thursday, November 26, 2009

Yummy Pumpkin Layer Cake


The last thing you should think about doing on the morning of a big holiday feast is to try out a new dessert recipe. Or at least that has been my general rule until now. I found this yummy recipe on Kraft Foods.com and had to try it.

It was super easy to make and looks like you slaved over it. That is my kind of company dinner dessert recipe. I have added a couple pics from the building of the cake event. And the link to the recipe and video is here.


The cake was yummy! If you want to make it lower fat and sugar you can substitute a lower sugar cake recipe, I used one by Betty Crocker, lowfat cream cheese, and nonfat whipped topping. The cake was light and not too sweet which was wonderful after all the other yummy things we had for dinner.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving meal!

1 comment:

Cathy R said...

Wow, that looks good. I will have to try that one.

Thanks for sharing!