Sunday, November 8, 2009

Weekend Update: Holiday Gift Knitting - Ready, Set, Go

Yesterday Mom and I braved the crowds to attend the annual Holiday Gift Festival at Phil Long Expo Center. The place was mobbed but we were lucky and found a parking spot nearby and managed to get in. I noticed that the hall was only 2/3 full of vendors which must be a sign of the economy. It looked like folks were shopping which was good. There was lots of things to see and folks to talk to.

I took a couple "illegal" pictures while I was there. (no signs were posted telling anyone that pictures were not allowed but one of the vendors was sure to tell me) The flamingo balloon hat was the best thing I saw all day and could not help myself. The gal is also wearing a shirt with a flamingo theme on it and shared with us that her bathroom is done in hot pink and flamingos. I like the way she thinks.

We also got to see the mini airshow that happens here every weekend they have a home game at the Air Force Academy. This weekend was the big game against Army and included F-16s and two B2 bombers, plus the Golden Knights jump team. It was fun to see all the activity in the skies.



We even had time to shop for yarn so Mom can start a beaded head wrap pattern, part of her holiday gift knitting, that she has been wanting to try for a while, and then found the matching beads at the Bead Gallery.

I had time this weekend to clean my desk and table area, reorganize my holiday project list and get a Fair Isle hat sample designed and the first sample almost completed for a class. I have a couple fast knits to do for gifts so they can get in the mail and have the patterns and tools lined up, just have to find the yarn this week in the requested color. I think I made some good progress this weekend. I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend!


1 comment:

Cathy R said...

I have declared that I am taking both days of this coming weekend OFF!!! (I've been working most Sundays because of building stuff).

I'm going to stay home, make chili and KNIT KNIT KNIT until my hands fall off.

I can't wait. :-)