Tuesday, November 3, 2009

What Did I Knit To - This Week


This week I finished watching the last of the spooky movies in my collection. Netflix offered me Easy Virtue with Colin Firth and Jessica Biel - great little Brit flavor movie done in 2008. Kirstin Scott Thomas plays the perfect frustrated wife, mother, matriarch and Fast and Furious, the third version, reunites Vin Diesel and Paul Walker in another wild ride. The part with the tunnels at the US/Mexico border makes you gasp and wonder.

I am still listening to Inkspell. This is a great sequel to Inkheart and Brendan Fraser is am amazing reader.

While I am entertaining myself with movies and audio books I am knitting on Pretty Thing in the car and working on my Fair Isle hat with aspen leaves. I think I will be using this one as a shop sample and offering the class in January. I am really doing well with the two-handed method and enjoy how it flows on the needles. I did have to switch to Susan Bates Quicksilver circulars. I started the hat on my Denise needles and because the 16-inch circular cable combo actually equals about 17.5 inches it made the knitting much more difficult.

I am looking forward to finishing this one and I am considering starting the pirate hat that got me interested in Fair Isle in the first place. I will keep you posted.

I hope everyone has a great week pursuing their favorite things!

No comments: