Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Turkey Day Prep (and knitting)

This is the secret knit to date. Ssssh, don't tell anyone. I am really enjoying this knit. I will be interested to see how it turns out after it is soaked and hand-patted into place. The instructions say do not block with pins. I guess that is to not stretch it out of shape.


Once I get it to that stage I will take some more pics. And will expect pictures from recipient when opened. Notice my fun little penguins cavorting on the ends of the dpns. These are for sale in my Etsy shop and I am going to be running a Holiday sale soon, buy one pair get a pair of smiley dpn holders free. If you visit the shop before I get the announcement up just mention you read it at my blog and I will honor it early.

Tonight I will be in the kitchen doing my part for the family dinner tomorrow. I am baking the triple berry pie that my mother loves (she is baking and bringing the pumpkin ones) and a pumpkin layer cake that is a first time recipe for me. I will be sure to take pictures and blog the results. And if the recipe for the cake is to die for I will post the source as well.

I hope everyone is getting ready to gather with their loved ones and express their gratitude for all the wonderful things in their life. I know I am.

No comments: